Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Last week, Ellen and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary. We are so excited!! Proverbs 18:22 says “The man who finds a wife, finds a treasure, and He receives favor from the Lord.” I can honestly say that I am more in love with her now more than I was 10 years ago, and that I have found my treasure. Not to say I didn’t love her then; I was smitten from the first time we met in a pool! It’s just that my love for her is much deeper and fuller now that we have lived and experienced so much together. The ups and downs during the span of a decade have caused us to grow so much, not just in our relationship with each other, but also in our relationship with God.
This week has prompted me to review our marriage and to look forward to the future. It has caused me to ask the question “Am I the husband that she needs?” and “Am I leading her closer to God?”
One of the strongest purposes of marriage is to reflect the incredible unity and community that is found in the Trinity. The relationship between God as Father, Jesus as Son, and Holy Spirit as Comforter, is the flagship example of how relationships, particularly marriages, should work. Each member of the Trinity works in very distinct ways to accomplish one purpose: the redemption of humankind.
A husband and wife are very different: just ask any guy if he can understand the ways of his wife!!! Even though they are very different, they can accomplish the same purpose: showing the love and power of God through their relationship with each other and their family. A marriage was intended by God to be a real-time example of how God is so powerful. My deepest desire is to love Ellen so well that people would come to know Him!! My prayer that God’s love would be so dominate in my relationship with Ellen that people would be attracted to God.

In what ways can your marriage show how great God is? If you’re not married, how can your closest relationships display the power of God? I would like to challenge you today to take the next step! Feel free to contact me with any prayer requests or challenges that you are facing! Ellen and I would love to pray with you that your marriage would increasingly display the mighty power of God!!!

No comments: